Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wonder how you can get the best image quality for a DLP projector (benq 6100).

Im currently using win2000 and Windvd to watch DVDs.

would a hardware DVD player give a better picture quality?

windvd vs powerdvd? wich is better?

any other software dvd players wich are even better?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hard to say. I'm just getting into it and I'm reading stuff about stuttering problems unless you have a very powerfull video card and CPU. Make that expensive video card and CPU. You might be better off with a $300 player like the Panny S97S.

I just read this recommendation earlier today:

"Descaler5/ffdshow/ac3filter/zoom player combination rocks. Powerdvd, windvd,nvidia uninstalled for ever from my htpc." I just copied this info, forget which thread.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Searching the forums will provide all the info you need to help make your own decision. The short answer is that it will take a rather expensive stand-alone player to match the output you can get from a properly configured HTPC setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the answer, well are there any howtos for that Descaler5/ffdshow/ac3filter/zoom player combination? or how to get a properly configure HTPC setup?

·
Registered
913 Posts
the key to your image quality is the video card

i use powerdvd which is rather simple compared to the stuff outlined above.

i feel the quality of the image is extremely good..on par or better than a dvd player..

i tried ffdshow...and i just got a system that was unstable

·
Registered
456 Posts
Fila,

I'm not sure why your first two pictures are so terrible. Your last picture looks much better, just soft. Have you made any desktop resolution changes recently? For best results, set your desktop resolution to 800x600.

I'm not familiar with the configuration of your dvd player software. If your dvd software is configured to use VMR rendering modes then it will appear soft. In your case, check that it uses Overlay rendering mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.