Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've owned my Sharp 9000 for a few weeks and every once in a while I was really shocked at the amount of solarization it would display in and around black portions of the image. It didn't happen often, but when it did it was enough to make me regret the purchase.

A couple of nights ago I decided to tinker with the settings. There was nothing I could do with the projector's controls that would eliminate the problem. I then went to the settings on my Sony S550 DVD player. I played with this control and that control - all to no avail. Then I tried changing the Video Equalizer settings. BINGO! On my previous projector (a LCD projector) I found that the 'Cinema' setting gave the best picture. But, of course, LCD projectors don't have much detail in their blacks. Using the 'Memory' Video EQ setting with all the sliders in their center position completely eliminated the solarization. I'm now one happy camper.

According to the documentation for the DVD player, The Cinema setting 'displays a finely detailed picture'.

Previously, I never would have thought that the DVD player would be the cause of such a problem. I've got both my old projector and my Sharp 9000 being driven by the same DVD player at the same time. It is quite interesting looking at the both images at the same time.

Hopes this helps someone else.

Tim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.