AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
----!! SOLD !! ---- JVC DILA-RS400U (a.k.a. X550R), Reference Series Projector + HDFury Linker ----!! SOLD !! ----

Purchased new in 2016 from JVC authorized dealer (warranty registered with JVC at time of purchase). Bulb replaced by home theater professional in June 2020 with OEM replacement (complete with housing). Has been shelf installed entire time, in non-smoking home, and only moved once, to install the new bulb. Did just discover/realize that installer may have forgotten to reset lamp hours (unsure) when new bulb went in, but can share receipt upon request that shows install date and servicer used for bulb replacement. Our first bulb worked for ~4 years with pretty much daily use. (Never went out, but replace bulb message did come on, which is when we replaced it.)

Projector works great and looks like new. Just upgraded to a new JVC NX7. Can ship (continental U.S. only) the RS400U in the NX7 box, double boxed for safety, if shipping is required. RS400U was calibrated by Chad B in 2018, and will include his Calibration PDF reports for HDR and SDR content. Will also throw in HDFury Linker ($179 retail; purchased new in 2020 to solve Gamma D switching issue when viewing HDR content on RS400U; You can search my user name to see how I figured out the install). Original remote, manual, power cord, lens cap are all included—everything that came with the projector, plus the Linker unit and its power cord.

EDITED TO ADD: Just found the original projector lamp we replaced in June 2020, and will include that in the sale as well. Forgot we still had it, but it was working when it was removed, so were advised to keep it for potential future use.

Willing to make a good deal for low hassle sale, as we're not usually the type to try to bother with selling old equipment, but this one seemed too valuable to just give away. I'm not a daily AVS Forum visitor, but have been a member here for 20 (!!!) years now, and have had a lot of people help me out here, so thought this might be decent way to make sure it got to someone who knows what they're getting. Prefer purchaser who is fellow established forum participant to increase trust all around.

----!! SOLD !! ----

Pictures attached of projector image from various angles when it was installed in our light-controlled theater with 133" screen (all images taken from Apple TV 4K streamed movies), and the projector itself. (NOTE: Photos taken with an iPhone, and unit serial number deliberately obscured in photo of back of unit, per recommendation.)

Projector Images

IMG_9200.jpeg IMG_9207.jpeg IMG_9211.jpeg IMG_9194.jpeg

IMG_9213.jpeg

Photos of the Projector Itself

IMG_9219.jpeg IMG_9221.jpeg IMG_9222.jpeg IMG_9220.jpg IMG_9227.jpeg IMG_9224.jpeg IMG_9223.jpeg IMG_9230.jpeg

Original Lamp (in box, replacement bulb, one currently in projector, came in)

IMG_9522.jpeg IMG_9523.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi and thank you for your post. Congrats on the upgrade. I am looking into upgrading my current Sony HW40ES to something that can do Lens Memory for a 142" 2.35 screen. What is the purpose of the HDFury Linker that is included? Does this unit come with a 3d transmitter or glasses?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi and thank you for your post. Congrats on the upgrade. I am looking into upgrading my current Sony HW40ES to something that can do Lens Memory for a 142" 2.35 screen. What is the purpose of the HDFury Linker that is included? Does this unit come with a 3d transmitter or glasses?
The unit is capable of 3D, but I never used it for that, and don't have any of the extra 3D accoutrements.

You'd have to look up all the HD Linker Fury's processing functions, as I fully admit they are beyond me, but what I used it for, as recommended by other forum members, is to keep the projector from defaulting to Gamma D when in HDR. Now, you don't have to use HDR at all, and if you don't, you won't have that issue, but once we got ours calibrated by ChadB, the HDR picture looked great, but you did have to manually switch into the custom Gamma profiles he set up, and the projector itself wants to default to the setting called "Gamma D," every time it changes sources. (It's not a defect of this projector, just the way JVCs were programmed at the time.) The HD Fury allowed you to keep the projector from knowing (for lack of a more technical explanation) about the source switching, so it just stayed in whatever Gamma setting you last used, and didn't go to Gamma D.

4K display isn't an issue; just the HDR. There's a lot of talk about this issue in the forum, specific to the RS-400/X550. Once I got past the hurdle of not having a PC at home, was pretty easy to walk me through setting the HD Fury up for my purposes, and it just went in between my projector and the AVR, and I'm pretty sure it's already totally set now just to put in place. (Once set up, it's a set it, and forget it, thing.) But we used the projector for 3 years before we got the Linker. For us it was just to avoid the hassle of the constant Gamma shifts.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Good catch. The next picture confirms it’s an RS400.
Yikes and apologies adjusting all info now! Had always had it listed that way in my own equipment lists; think I was confusing the XR550 alternate model number. Definitely wasn't intentionally trying to mislead, as pictures show. Sincere thanks for catching this before someone was disappointed. Reducing price point here accordingly, so as to still to be below what I'm seeing on eBay, etc.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Check pm’s please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updating to note projector is sold. Will come back and adjust original listing to note that as soon as everything is finalized.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts