AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had these speakers in my Office system for a while; really enjoyed them, but I like to swap things around there.

I pushed them aside, for Rega RS-1s...which had a bit more "finesse"; and then the Rega's were pushed aside, by my current KEF LS-50s.

I didn't sell these right away...because again, I liked them very much. But after sitting boxed for a while, I put them up for sale. I had a guy contact me...that he wanted them, but couldn't raise the money right away. I don't remember what I had them listed for...but I told him $250, which I thought was a pretty good deal. He said he'd take them...but still needed some time.

Really; no offense...I guess we've all been there. But you shouldn't be in this hobby...if you can't spare $250, lol. But...I told him I was in no hurry, and as far as I was concerned; and to just let me know when he had the moolah.

Ever few weeks, I'd check in...and he was still trying to raise scratch, lol. Finally, I said "look I'm ready to get them out of the house; let's do this thing, or I'm going to list them again"...and, of course; he flaked on me (didn't even respond back).

So...here we are. Oh, the speakers? What can I say...except: to list them again, I had to take them out of the box...for some pics. While I had them out of the box, I thought "what the hell; let's hook 'em back up for a spell". I can't believe how good they sound; even following on the heels of the $1500 LS-50s (and many think of, the LS-50s...as like the best monitor, under $2500 you can buy!) WoW!

They're in really good shape...I'm a meticulous audiophile; except for 2 small issues. One...the guy who sold them to me, must have literally had them on a bookcase...lol; because he put little rubber feet on them. Didn't work on my stands...so I carefully removed them; but they did leave some residue on the bottoms of the speakers. Nothing that can't be removed, I don't think; and I'm almost positive, it's just on the surface...and hasn't marred the finish any. But I was hesitant to try anything, to remove it too aggressively; for fear of messing up the finish. But I bet you could easily find something (maybe Goo Off), to take it off with no problems.

The other thing, is there is a very small spot...on the rear, right of one of the speakers. It's such a small issue, that the guy who sold them to me...didn't even notice or mention it; and he had good feedback. If you look at the pics (and I've tried to document it, as best I can)...it appears to be some kind of surface stain; but what I've determined, it's the ever-so-slightest of "crush"...into the veneer. If you run your finger along it, you can barely feel where the veneer has "flaked" there; and there's the smallest of indentation to the area.

Other speaker, and everything else...are near perfect; if I were listing these on Audiogon (where I have much, and perfect feedback BTW)...they'd be a 7/10, but then I'm a pretty conservative and "accurate" rater (much of my feedback, is of the under-promised/over-delivered variety

So...I'm offering them, for what I told this other (broke-as*) dude, lol; $250...plus buyer pays s&h and PayPal fees (if applicable). Again...I'm driving them a Hegel H-80, which is better than they were ever treated before, lol; and they sound pretty amazing...for the price.

Just let me know, if you have any questions. PM me; I never mind talking a little shop, with a fellow enthusiast

·
Registered
278 Posts
Interested. Can you let me know total cost (everything)? They would be shipped to Weston Florida 33326

1 - 3 of 3 Posts