AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were not putting the HT-S7100 HTIB to its full use (only had 2 speakers and the center channel out), so we decided to part ways with it in hopes of finding something more fitting for our setup. We're looking for a 2.1 setup or possibly a soundbar.

I see the Vizio soundbar at Walmart may be worth a shot. I was also curious about some postings on my local clist. Since I'm not an audiophile, I don't know if these are good deals. The Bose one below seems too good to be true.

The pictures in his post show some obvious wear, even though he says "pristine condition", but they aren't too bad. I could use a few and sell the rest to pay for a receiver if this is a really good deal.
Quote:
Bose 6 Pc Surround Sound System - $200

2x Bose 201s

2x Bose 141s

1x Bose Cube

1x Acoustimass 3 sub

Then there are these (which are actually a 2.1 setup)
Quote:
Klipsch Home Stereo Speakers - $150

Klipsch Speakers Model # SF 1. Local pick up only. Rarely used

Thoughts? Our room is a living room.. not sure of the dimensions offhand, let's say 16'x10'. We'd mainly use this for TV & online movies/shows via a laptop.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Bose sucks. Stay away. Where do you live and whats your budget? Do you have a receiver to run it through, if so what type.

Need more info!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i own a house and this will be in the living room which is roughly 10'x16', budget is ~$500, and no receiver anymore (had the Onkyo SR606)

i realize i may have made a bad choice to sell my HT-S7100, but i thought i could get a better system for my specific application.

·
Registered
489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalees /forum/post/18211865

i own a house and this will be in the living room which is roughly 10'x16', budget is ~$500, and no receiver anymore (had the Onkyo SR606)

i realize i may have made a bad choice to sell my HT-S7100, but i thought i could get a better system for my specific application.

are you against surround sound. And again what city and state so I can see whats in that area locally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're looking for a 2.1 setup or possibly a soundbar. I'm not against surround sound if it's a better deal than 2.1... but for our purposes we'd prefer a 2.1 or soundbar. We really don't have anywhere to conveniently hide wire or place speakers.

as my profile states, i'm located in lafayette, in

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not sure if you want used.

Here are a couple of Polk towers in your area for 75$. http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/ele/1591335207.html

If you want to do a 2.1 setup. You could get a cheap Denon receiver or Onkyo receiver for around $200 that would power these fine.

Other than that you could get a sound bar. Polk makes a cheap on I believe.

Sound bars always give mixed results. Depending on your room setup you might not be happy with it. I used to have a Yamaha YSP-1 and was never very happy with it.

They also have wireless speaker system, though the cheaper ones dont really work that well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts