AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking to set up a nice 2 or 2.1 channel system for my main living room space. Going to get some 500-1K speakers to plug in... nothing too fancy, just a nice place to enjoy music. I also have Apple TV, Xbox 360 (might change for PS3 for blueray), and a couple other things possibly in the future that are just easier with HDMI.


There's loads of great recommendations for solid, good performing, sub 500 dollar receivers on here but never with hdmi looking at the back panels. Do I have to just get one made more for HT if I want hdmi inputs?


Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GF's a neat freak with regards to chord clutter. Much easier to deal with sources in HDMI and like to have the receiver handle all the cables rather than the TV if that makes sense...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcypert /forum/post/19506319


GF's a neat freak with regards to chord clutter. Much easier to deal with sources in HDMI and like to have the receiver handle all the cables rather than the TV if that makes sense...

Too bad that there are no HDMI-equipped stereo receivers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
If you want HDMI then get a 5.1 - 7.1 receiver.


Its hard enough finding a stereo receiver with optical let alone HDMI which I've never seen and don't really see the point of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I guess I'll have to look for an AV receiver. Just seems like the stereo sets are being made more with audio quality in mind. But then I have this other stuff I need to run with HD tv signal coming from HDMI here, XBox 360, and Apple TV... plus some other things I might add. My TV only has two and I'm already tired of unplugging diff things for diff needs.


Surely there are people out there who don't deal with larger speaker setups, are happy with a 2.0 or 2.1 system, but still live in a modern digital age with modern products needing some HDMI :p The crappy Pano soundbar (not really soundbar was actually two different speakers and a sub but from that line) has an HDMI in and out at least....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcypert /forum/post/19511865


Yeah, I guess I'll have to look for an AV receiver. Just seems like the stereo sets are being made more with audio quality in mind. But then I have this other stuff I need to run with HD tv signal coming from HDMI here, XBox 360, and Apple TV... plus some other things I might add. My TV only has two and I'm already tired of unplugging diff things for diff needs.


Surely there are people out there who don't deal with larger speaker setups, are happy with a 2.0 or 2.1 system, but still live in a modern digital age with modern products needing some HDMI :p The crappy Pano soundbar (not really soundbar was actually two different speakers and a sub but from that line) has an HDMI in and out at least....

Era D4 or D5s plus a good sub would be excellent speakers and they are at reduced price right now. IMO it's a mistake to assume that a stereo receiver will sound better than a multichannel receiver.


Good luck!


Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
A new GF will fix you right up.


Obsessions tend to branch into very weird ramifications as time goes by. A 'neat freak' today could very well make your life miserable in so many other ways years from now.


 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs /forum/post/19518561


a new gf will fix you right up.


Obsessions tend to branch into very weird ramifications as time goes by. A 'neat freak' today could very well make your life miserable in so many other ways years from now.



lol! :d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,066 Posts
OBE post
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top