AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please be patient with me as I'm completely new to this stuff. I am getting a canon vixia s200 cam for christmas and trying to get setup before hand for editing, saving, and streaming the video. Right now I have a dns-323 nas with 2tb of storage for archiving video (will probably grow into a bigger 4 or 5 bay setup), and I will be getting the netgear ntv-550 for network playback. I recently purchased a sony vaio laptop with an i7 740 processor and nvidia gt330 1gb video card, and will be upgrading it to 8 gigs of ram and a 7200rpm 500gig hdd. I'm hoping this will suite me for basic editing (nothing serious going on here yet!). I'm leaning towards sony vegas studio platinum 10 for editing but i see that you can import avchd but can't export the same format. So.... My question is, what is the best solution for making small edits and saving for network playback (or possibly blu ray burning) without losing quality? And how much space would, say, a 30 minute video take up in said format?

I've also read that I can burn avchd files to a DVD and play them with HD playback in a blu ray player that is avchd compatible. Is there a similar option for this in sony vegas? Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've searched through the forum and as usual the search functions on these forums are mediocre at best. If you want to search titles only you can only search one word for instance. In any case I've done my fair share of reading and I haven't found one definitive answer to my question so if anyone is willing to share that with me I would appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.