AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am looking to be able to have 4-5 TV's streaming HD content at once from one central storage device. I was thinking about getting the Synology DS1513+ and four 3TB hard drives and setting up NZB + Sickbeard in order for them to download and update automatically.

I would like to use something like an Apple TV or Raspberry Pi and use the XBMC interface on each television and for seamless HD playback capability on each television.

Would I be best off going with a NAS + Apple TV or something like that? Or is there a better solution perhaps?

·
Registered
7,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh0sa  /t/1478933/solution-for-streaming-hd-content-to-4-5-tvs-at-once#post_23466892

Hi everyone,

I am looking to be able to have 4-5 TV's streaming HD content at once from one central storage device. I was thinking about getting the Synology DS1513+ and four 3TB hard drives and setting up NZB + Sickbeard in order for them to download and update automatically.

I would like to use something like an Apple TV or Raspberry Pi and use the XBMC interface on each television and for seamless HD playback capability on each television.

Would I be best off going with a NAS + Apple TV or something like that? Or is there a better solution perhaps?

I wouldn't go Apple TV. The top media players at the moment are Mede8er, Dune and PCH. If you like XBMC I would suggest building HTPC's or trying out PIVOS Xios.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts