AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Thanks to ROne i can finally get a impresive image with my Sanyo Z1.

The color uniformity problems have gone with the tweak given by ROne. Not totally but the corners aren't colored as before. Only a little hue appears. Only if you look for it in certain dark grey scenes.

Now i am very happy with my projector. The color uniformity problem was a serious limitation for me. I couldn't forger that in the whole film.

Thanks a lot to ROne. God bless you.

The item in the factory menu to do the correction is 105. The default value is 556 and i have down to 10.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm glad it worked for you.

But what I think is probably happening, is some projectors (like mine) came with this setting badly optimised, and maybe it looks like CU problems on some projectors. Either way adjusting this removed a blue streak from the right hand top corner.

Obviously in some cases this works, but in cases of true CU problems it won't.

Either way, worth a try.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ROne, you are right. I supose that there is no Z1 with identical problem in CU.

My main concern was a blue coloration in a great portion of the screen plus a green coloration in the opposite corners. Once i tried this tweak the problem was gone, but I can still observe a little (very little) coloration in corners.

Thanks again ROne. I love you.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I tried the tweak and here's my result. As the value of 105 went down, a horizontal line went up the screen, one pixel per number unit. Under the line, the color on the left side of my panel went from heavily purple tinted to perfect...but, the right side took on the same hue?!?! Was really wierd. I kept the setting at ten because the discoloration on the right side was a little less noticeable(bigger, but not as dark). This is a good sign to me. I'm not convinced it's not the panels that are at faulth directly, but perhaps the driving circuitry. I would really like to find a menu selection that would reduce it even further, because it is still pretty noticeable in beige and grey scenes. Keep up the good work all, and lets keep those tweaks coming.

Bricktop

·
Registered
376 Posts
Quote:
I wish I was as cool as ROne
I wish I was, I just sit in a dark room messing with numbers, everybody calls me a weirdo 'cause I never get round to watching any films.

Bah, if only they knew.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I went back last night to the tweak described in this thread and I discovered that factory menu numbers 102 through 110 have an effect on color uniformity. With changing 105 I only was able to move the discoloration a bit and make it less noticeable. What I was able to do using a combination of menu items was to create a almost perfect uniformity of the purplish color across the screen, instead of removing it. I then used the color controls to back down the red and blue and it worked very well. There is only the slightest smudge of discoloration that only the most anal would notice and then only on a uniformly colored grey image. If I hadn't been the one to adjust it that way, I would never have noticed it. Needless to say, it a huge improvement over the discolored corners. I'll post my numbers when I get back home to my PJ.

Bricktop

·
Registered
499 Posts
Do any of you know what you are actual doing to the projector when you adjust these parameters? Not the results of the change, but what is going on inside the projector when these changes are made. Anyone have a service manual for this projector?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm trying to find the tweek, wheres the link?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
$hit did not even see it :(

·
Registered
643 Posts
Here's what I came up with. This may vary from PJ to PJ.

102 was 168 now 2

103 was 10 now 0

104 was 1130 now 1140

105 was 556 now 556

106 was 3 now 3

107 was 8 now 2

108 - 110 not changed

Bricktop

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BrickTop, another hero for me!!!!!!!

I will try this tomorrow. The purple coloration has gone with Item 105.

But the green coloration is still there.

Pablo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tried the tweak posted by BrickTop and i can't see the benefits over the ROne's tweak.

Has someone tried both?. Which is better?.

Pablo (Spain)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.