AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people have been reporting getting no audio over ARC. I spoke to an Onkyo engineer, and she figured it out. The receiver was "losing" the TV. In order to fix it, I simply had to go into the receiver's menus, turn RHID off, and back on again. But it has to be done in a specific order for it to work.

1. Go into Hardware Setup.
2. Select HDMI
3. Turn RHID (CEC) Off, and exit out of the menus completely.
4. Go back into the menu system and turn RHID (CEC) back on, and here's the tricky part, exit completely out of the menus, and after the last step out of the menus, you'll see the receiver display a message about reacquiring the TV.

That's it, audio over ARC should work now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Many people have been reporting getting no audio over ARC. I spoke to an Onkyo engineer, and she figured it out. The receiver was "losing" the TV. In order to fix it, I simply had to go into the receiver's menus, turn RHID off, and back on again. But it has to be done in a specific order for it to work.

1. Go into Hardware Setup.
2. Select HDMI
3. Turn RHID (CEC) Off, and exit out of the menus completely.
4. Go back into the menu system and turn RHID (CEC) back on, and here's the tricky part, exit completely out of the menus, and after the last step out of the menus, you'll see the receiver display a message about reacquiring the TV.

That's it, audio over ARC should work now.
I just googled and found this thread. I had just gotten off the phone with Onkyo "tech support" who didn't know what tech is. They advised me to send it in for repair (40 days old). I tried this process and worked like a charm.

Thank you sir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts