AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just resolved what I thought was too few stereo inputs on my RPTV for connecting stereo cables from a DVD player, plus S-video stereo and HD stereo from my Scientific Atlanta 2000HD HDTV cable box's left/right stereo-out jacks. (Not using a Dolby 5.1 hookup until Dolby Headphone hardware becomes available soon; search the "Audio Technologies" section at http://headwize.com/ for DH threads.)

The HDTV RPTV's S-video section needs its own stereo input cables (for the cable box's S-video). There's one set of stereo-in jacks on the RPTV (digital-sound section) for DVDs (used), HD, or a VGA-associated stereo input .

When Time Warner's cable guy installed my 2000HD converter, he suggested I'd need some audio Y-connectors. Couldn't get them to work. Considered buying an amplifier to create two sets of stereo outputs from the 2000HD's stereo jacks.

The solution: I shifted the DVD stereo-out cables to two of the six surround-sound inputs, then switched the RPTV audio menu from STEREO to SURROUND. That worked, leaving the digital-sound stereo jacks empty. Next I plugged the 2000HD's stereo-out cables into the S-video stereo-in jacks (analog section). Finally, for HDTV stereo from the 2000HD, I connected the analog stereo-out (usually for VCR recording) into the digital-section stereo in. Everything seems to work; might solve a similar hookup sometime. -- John

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.