AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was reading about the Denon AVR-4311CI as I probably need to upgrade my whole system
(currently have crap speakers and no amp - just a mid range yamaha AVR).

I am getting B&W 802D for the front L/R channels and will put CVM 7.5 as Rear and CWM 7.3 as center. Center and rears will be built into the ceiling and wall.

My wife likes the looks of B&W 802D and typically hates what she calls bird houses (all other speakers)

The concern is the sensitivity and impedance of the setup. The recommended wattage would be more than a good AVR can drive and thus I would need to get a good amp or two.

I heard that the BW 802D alone really shine at 300+ watts. So i was thinking of an Emotiva XPA-2 for powering the front 802Ds. For the surrounds and center, I can either go with an XPA-3 or use an AVR (cheaper option).

Is there a good AVR that would have the power and overhead for pushing the center and surround speakers? The CWM 7.3 specs show Impedance Nominal (min) 4Ω (3Ω)

Alternatively, would you suggest a processor would be far better pair with the Emotiva XPA-2/3 amps? Why?

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedxx
Hey guys,

I was reading about the Denon AVR-4311CI as I probably need to upgrade my whole system
(currently have crap speakers and no amp - just a mid range yamaha AVR).

I am getting B&W 802D for the front L/R channels and will put CVM 7.5 as Rear and CWM 7.3 as center. Center and rears will be built into the ceiling and wall.

My wife likes the looks of B&W 802D and typically hates what she calls bird houses (all other speakers)

The concern is the sensitivity and impedance of the setup. The recommended wattage would be more than a good AVR can drive and thus I would need to get a good amp or two.

I heard that the BW 802D alone really shine at 300+ watts. So i was thinking of an Emotiva XPA-2 for powering the front 802Ds. For the surrounds and center, I can either go with an XPA-3 or use an AVR (cheaper option).

Is there a good AVR that would have the power and overhead for pushing the center and surround speakers? The CWM 7.3 specs show Impedance Nominal (min) 4Ω (3Ω)

Alternatively, would you suggest a processor would be far better pair with the Emotiva XPA-2/3 amps? Why?
An AVR with pre-outs will also work as a processor. So you could buy an AVR with the pre-outs and try it and add an amp/amps as needed.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Those in-walls are actually tougher to power for a AVR really. I'd probably recommend you buying a good 5 ch power amp to drive all five.

ALso, no way to get the diamond center to work instead of the in-wall?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wife won't allow the diamond center. I heard klipsch has some great reference in wall surrounds and centers. Not sure how they would sound with the bw fronts or how the costs compare.

The denon avr-4311ci Supposedly has 150 wpc and I was hoping I could drive the surrounds and center with that and the fronts with a xpa-2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.