AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my reciever for a few months but I finally purchased a set of speakers and a subwoofer. Now I'm encountering a few problems that I'm hoping that someone can explain.

First of all, I have all five speakers and a sub hooked up. I also have two speakers for my patio setup using the "B" speaker jacks. When switching between the A and B speakers, I still have sound coming from the "A" center speaker and surrounds when only B is selected.

Second, my right surround speaker needs to be placed 4 or 5 feet further away from the center seating position than the left surround speaker. It sounds to me like the sound is not really balanced properly even when I increase the channel volume for the S.R. speaker. Is there any way to set the delay or speaker distances like the denon 3802? Is there any other method of balancing the sound in the surrounds?

·
Registered
333 Posts
1. The A/B switch is NOT a 2nd Zone switch. It is what it says A or B for the FRONTS. If you listen in direct or stereo and hit a/b it should switch between the 2. If you are in Dolby PL II or 5 ch stereo the other 3 will keep playing while you are just switching between A (fronts) or B (Fronts)

2. I had a 1603 and to be honest I forget if there are separate delays for LR and RR I think that the delay is just in feet for the rears.

Anyway delay would not make them sound "unbalanced" VOLUME wise.

I have the same issue where my R surround is 3 feet farther away. Even with identical matching of SPL level the right one actually SEEMed more prominent. Reflections can do this. Try using the angle both pointing the speakers and tilting them (if your brackets allow) to aim the speakers At the people farthest away from them. It may be a case of one speaker POINTING AT you and the other pointing over your head or at a doorway or something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.