613 Posts
Damn!

------------------

Never underestimate the importance of Duct Tape and RTV

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just hope these things dont cost 3000 bucks each! I maybe be old but I remember the days when a 20GB hard drive used to run 2500 bucks!!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
$50 says it's not really due to a development team, but ONE guy.

------------------

goosystems.com

Ken Hotte

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vasim Pathan:
I just hope these things dont cost 3000 bucks each! I maybe be old but I remember the days when a 20GB hard drive used to run 2500 bucks!!

From ZDnet article

"We've found a way to add AFC to our current hard drive production methods, so we'll be able to double capacity with little or no cost, essentially maintaining or even dropping the price per gigabit," Munce said.

So I doubt that price will be a problem. I just bought two 75GB 75GXPs from them too http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

·
Registered
848 Posts
Uh, that drive size is still a couple years away, according to yahoo's report .

Expect the now-standard capacity increase rate of 100% more per disk per year. Prices seem to be falling at the same rate, so I'd guess the 400 GB HDD when it first comes out will cost what today's 80 GB drive cost when it first came out.

Ken:

Well, it's usually one guy who gets the "Aha!", but every inventor stands on the shoulders of giants, imo. ("Guy" is used here in the neuter sense.)

Regards,

-yogaman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.