1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
COOL!

·
Registered
525 Posts
twist...the info you sent came up as ******* that junk:) send another pm when ya can with the 500 japan website...thanks much! 3C

·
Registered
116 Posts
That was very cool. There was a Dallas Morning News article on how to setup an outside DVD theatre. I lost the link when my computer crashed awhile back. www.Dallasnews.com. I think there is a thread on how to do that on this sight as well. Anyway, cool stuff.

- AlrightyThen

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I was going to do something similar this year only I wanted to make a compilation of more "scary" image loops like Jason, Freddie, Mike Meyers, etc and loop them. And I planned on projecting onto a fog from a smoke machine to make it SPOOKY. The plan was to fog out the front yard and project from an upstairs window so that the kids would be spooked as they leave the front door. I know I'm evil. I hope I can get my hands on the 500u before halloween.

Bobby

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:
Monsters Inc. movie plays via DVD-ROM Player rear projected on 6-millimeter Visquine screen via a Sanyo Digital Projector. Audio support provided by a Polk Monitor 350LS monitor and Nakamichi TS-A1 amplifier. Image size 12x10 feet.
It's all right below the window with the video. At least on my PC. YMMV.

I'd like to do the same thing except have something more like a fairly static / looping scene serving as a background. Mad scientist's lab, dungeon interior, etc. that would make the room / garage behind me look sorta like the real thing. Barring that some clips from classic b&w horror movies.

The fog idea sounds neat. I'll have to try that out on a smaller scale with some dry ice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Last year I stretched a white sheet across the kitchen window (ground floor), put the pj on the kitchen bench and selected rear projection mode. Spent some time to create a Powerpoint with ghosts, ghouls & witches flying around at intervals with scary sounds. So basicly every 30 seconds a ghost or other nastyness would come flying out at whoever was outside at the moment.

'was very cool and but I started a little early and scared one small kid too much as he sped up in the opposite direction and did not come back... :) I guess the ghouls screaming "saaaaveeee meeee" as they fade out of existence was too much.

I don't feel too attached to my Powerpoint (XP) either, so if anyone wants to take a look, pm me. I think it was about 1.5mb including sound. Most of the stuff I used was grabbed from the web anyway :)

-

Chris

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but here goes...

Where can I purchase a "6-millimeter 12'x 10' Visquine screen"?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought the stuff at Lowes, or HomeDepot etc. Cost about $12 dollars...it is an easy find at a store like that....I think some people use it for ground cover or something....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another interesting use would be to put the screen up....hide a video camera somewhere, and then project the kids who are walking up to the house to see their picture bigger than life being projected on the screen as they get their candy.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Imagine how creepy it would be to pipe the video through something first that will let you layer either an image or animated goblin/ghost behind them that they can only see on the projection surface. They turn around and it's gone!

>project the kids who are walking up to the house to see their picture bigger than life being projected on the screen as they get their candy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Best idea is by Disney and very hard to do, but very cool. A very high pressure mist is sprayed into the air. The PJ is projected onto the wall *mist* of water. Very cool. Saw it done in FL and loved the idea.

Not really practical, but the effect is terrific.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There's software that allows you to trigger stuff based on motiondetection on webcams. Now how sweet would it be to start playing screams, pictures & all sorts of scary stuff only when someone walks up to the house! :)

-

Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.