AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up my HDTV stuff this weekend and need some advise. I live in Mobile, al. on the coast of the gulf of Mexico. We share the local market with Pensacola, 60 miles east of us. All of our Stations transmitters are about 30 miles between us, at the half way point. Thats all great except for one thing, WEAR TV (ABC). They are being incredibly ignorant and have set up digital TV but refuse to pass through HDTV and openly admit they have no plans to. So, I can point to the west and pick up Biloxi, Mississippi's ABC but would this require me to constantly have to reaim my antenna or can I possibly find a middle point?

* yellow WALA-DT 9 FOX Mobile AL Now Live 102°

* yellow WMPV-DT 20 TBN Mobile AL May 1 2003 105°

* yellow WKRG-DT 27 CBS Mobile AL Now Live 104°

* yellow WSRE-DT 31 PBS Pensacola FL Now Live 107°

* yellow WHBR-DT 34 REL Pensacola FL Now Live 106°

* yellow WEIQ-DT 41 PBS Mobile AL May 1 2003 109°

* yellow WJTC-DT 45 UPN Pensacola FL Now Live 107°

* yellow WPMI-DT 47 NBC Mobile AL Now Live 106°
* yellow WLOX-DT 39 ABC Biloxi MS Now Live 266° (station I want to also get, notice 266 degree setting)

http://www.centralofficetech.com/personal/map1.jpg

·
Registered
22,273 Posts
My first recommendation would be a roof mounted Channel Master 4228 on a rotor.

Second would be two antennae (either Yagi type or bowtie). One pointed toward Mobile/Pensacola and the other towards Biloxi and an A/B switch.

I can't think of any other option.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
You need a UHF/VHF antenna and a rotor. Or 2 antennas, one pointed toward each town and connected to an A/B switch. The Biloxi antenna can be UHF-only. The Mobile antenna needs to be VHF/UHF.

If any of the stations are only broadcasting at low power, you'll probably need a goood pre-amp, too. The Channel Master 7777 VHF/UHF pre-amp is a good one.

Check out the antenna/preamp/rotor selection at Stark electronics or Warren Electronics . Channel Master antennas are good.

Radio Shack carries an excellent remote-controlled A/B switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.