753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

After reading the LT 150 Index and FAQ page I am still

a bit confused and have a few questions.My LT150 is due

to arrive Friday.The link to the LT150 and 16:9 screen

link is not active,Can you get perfect Geometry with the

LT150 and a 96x54" 16:9 screen? or does the LT150 just

spill light over active screen frame? The projector has no zoom but can you adjust the height of the image?

I have a JVC 723 progressive scan DVD player and a

DVDO I Scan Plus (not a Pro) According to the Index

you can use the Component outputs of a progressive scan DVD

Player directly to the LT150,Does this mean the LT150 has

a BNC Component input? I was unable to find that info on the NEC site.There has been mention of Members using the LT150

with the ISCAN.I read the Connection info at the Index link

but am still confused.Are you using the VGA output on

the DVDO with a break out cable (VGA to 5 BNC) and then

dropping the H&V sync connection at the LT150? How is the

projector able to sync? Can you tell me what the appx

relationship is between the center of the lens and the bottom of your screens when floor mounted or Top of the screen when ceiling mounted for drop distance

Thanks in advance

Ray

------------------

If it ain't broke, fix it anyway !

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Do you have Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer? If not, then that's why you could not view it. It's free and a must have.
www.adobe.com

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Ray,

The LT150 has one HD15 input which is used to accept both RGB or component signals.

When feeding it component video you can use a breakout cable. You will connect the R, G and B lines to your DVD player's component out connections and connect the HD15 end of the cable to the projector. Then you select "component in the projector's on-screen menus.

I don't own a DVDO but I'm assuming it outputs RGB from an HD15 connector. Is that correct? If so you will use an an HD15 to HD15 cable to make that connection to the projector. And will then set the projector to receive an RGB signal.

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
855 Posts

The LT150 has a 4:3 AR mirror array. You can change the shape of the output image with add on lenses but if you are not using an external lens, it outputs a 4:3 image all the time.

When watching 16:9 images, the image is letterboxed.

"The projector has no zoom but can you adjust the height of the image?"

If you are asking to move the image around on the mirror array, the projector cannot do this but the source (ie HTPC) could. If this is not what you are asking, please ask again. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

The LT150 has a single component input (d-15) which can be set to VGA or YCrCb. It has no BNC connectors. When using YCrCb, the syncs are encoded in one of the data signals.

The throw and setup measurement caculations are in this document from the NEC site.

For a 96"x54" screen, the distance from the center of the lens to the center of the screen is 48.3". The edge of the screen is 27" inches from there which puts the center of the lens 21.3" from the edge of the image.

Ask more Qs if this isn't enough info.

------------------

Huck

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, I have the LT150 with both the JVC 723 DVD and a DVDO Iscan plus also.

To hook up a component source such as the DVD player, you'll need a VGA->component breakout cable. Essentially this is just a 15 PIN VGA plug on one end and 3 RCA plugs on the other. The wiring on these cables is the same as a VGA breakout cable, which has 2 more RCA plugs for H&V syncs. But, the projector is smart enough to sense whether its component (Y-Pb-Pr) from the DVD player via 3 RCAs or VGA as from a PC.

So, either a 3 RCA or 5 RCA VGA breakout cable will work, but you'd only use 3 of them for component.

The Iscan can put out either VGA or component via its 15 pin output. If you want to use component, you need another breakout cable.

To hook up your DVDO, switch the DVDO to component (via a jumper inside) and get a 2nd VGA->component breakout cable. Then, to use the IScan you'd patch the two sets of 3 component RCAs together. To use the DVD player, you'd plug the breakout cable from the projector into the DVD player.

I have mounted an outlet for the projector's 3 component inputs in my audio closet, and I simply plug in whichever source (DVD player, or Iscan for everything else) I want to use. Its not an automatic switching setup, but it works great.

As for projection angles and distances, check out the PDF file on www.nectech.com under products>ultra portable projectors. It will work with a 16:9 format screen fine, but if you display 4:3 sources you should get a 4:3 screen.

-Dave

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Thanks Guys for all the info

This is exactly what I needed to know,and I understand

everything now perfectly.For some reason I cant down load

the NEC PDF but I have all my questions answered now

I am going to do a quick compairison of the NEC LT 150

VS The Yamaha DPX-1 that we have installed in our showroom

I will let you know the results on Monday.I hope and Trust

everyone will have a SAFE and Happy Holiday http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Thanks Again for the Help

Ray

------------------

If it ain't broke, fix it anyway !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.