AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, let me begin by saying that this is not an invitation to say which is better, E* or D*. now then, i currently have D* with a basic 35 hour tivo along with a separate HD box. i want to uprade to an HD-DVR and am looking for some info help. Dish has their 942 model that has tons on storage and will cost $250 with a new subscriber lease. From reading threads around here, I have concluded that D* HD-DVRs are much pricier.

I know some will mention the mpeg-4 problem. i live in DMA #111 (Tyler-Longview TX) so I don't think that D* would be switching me out any time soon, so that shouldn't be an issue?

does the dish deal sound like the cheapest i could find? if the price difference wasn't too much i would consider a D* model but i don't think i could go over about $300.

thanks,

kevin

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The HR10-250 Tivo is $550 online with a $100 rebate and if you've been a long time customer you can try getting additional programming credits that range up to $150-200 if you play the "I'm thinking to going to cable for HD since I rent" game with customer retention.

Start with retention, if they offer a credit, it will get marked to your account and applied when you actually activate the Tivo...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.