Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up fellas,

I am relatively new to this whole HT/PJ subject, but have done LOTS of research in the past 3-4 weeks. In fact I have read all 1400+ posts in this thread along with many other sites dedicated to projectors...etc. I have decided to order the Panny AE700 as soon as I receive some $$ I am expecting in the next couple of days. I have some questions that I have been having a hard time finding answers for:

1) pretty simple: I want a 106" diagonal screen. I also want the PQ to be as good as it can possibly be. Now, is it more ideal to place/mount the 700 in a way that you can avoid using the zoom. In other words, is the picture better if you place it 21.4 ft. away and not use the zoom or maybe 15 ft. away and using the zoom?

2) my ceiling in my bonus room is 10 ft. high so if I ceiling mount it, I am guessing that I will need a rod to hang the PJ down to the necessary position. I have also thought about possibly placing it on a shelf at the rear of the room. Either way, I suppose I would have to use the Vertical lens shift to project to the screen. I have read on here that a combination of the lens shift and the zoom reduces PQ, so if true I would like to avoid that if possible.

3) The only place in the room that I can place a screen is directly on top/covering the only window in the room. It is a double window. Do any of you experts see this as a problem? This is really the only source of ambient light, but should be blocked by the screen along with the blinds that are on the window. I might get the Da-Lite Cosmo Electrol screen with either the Matte white or the High Contrast Matte White(which I believe to be gray). Any suggestions or help regarding this would be much appreciated.

I apologize if any of the questions are obvious or ignorant as like I said before, I am relatively new to this.

Thanks in advance, Brian.:)

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I see that you posted this in the AE700 thread.

I'll close this one now...

Thanks,

Kyser

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.