AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, the room is roughly 12 x 11 x 9.5 feet and has a tiled floor.

1. Is it a good idea to have the whole floor covered in carpet in the home theater room in addition to acoustic panels/treatment? I assume tiled floors are probably the worst when it comes to acoustics? Secondly, is there a difference between carpets meant for home theaters vs. "general or normal" carpets?

2. Are there curtains that are meant for home theaters? If so, how are they different from regular curtains?

3. Would it be okay if I can only manage to have bass traps in 3 out of 4 corners? Secondly, do bass traps have to fill the entire corner (i.e. from floor to ceiling)?

4. Any recommendations for compact/narrow 4-seat couches?

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
1) Entire floor carpeted is a good idea. Thick plush carpet with a good underlayment.

2) Thicker curtains the better. They make whats called blackout curtains that work really well for sound as they are thick and plush, plus they block out all light when needed.

3) There is no yes or no answer to this question. Every room is different and experimentation is generally needed.

4) I would look for something with cup holders, beyond that anything would be fine. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts