AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mark spent a great deal of time getting things to sound great with the Trinnov, his Submersives in the front and all of the new Atmos gear including the Harman/JBL surrounds , and ceiling and the new M2 mains.

Things sound very clean and power to spare. I still enjoy my dumb luck decision to put the theater on the second floor. The whole structure shakes under your feet ,visceral is an understatement.

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do want to thanks Chris Cooley for getting me into the JBL gear ,new Stewart screen and the Sony 5000es....and the great great support after the fact getting the room torn out and back up in record time. I also want to thank Rick Reeves my builder, how he got the enormous Stewart up that narrow staircase still amazes me ! I also want to thank Ken Whitcomb for getting this running on site and the video calibration. Oh and Don Kellogg for helping get the network function to allow remote Trinnov access as needed.

I'll add some pictures of the progression later......:):eek:

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
congrats, Art. It looks like your visit to Rob Hahn had a significant influence on you - Sony projector and JBL M2s. And the Seaton subs must be killer! Looking forward to your pics. :)

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Yes he said so whilst deferring to Rob's Filmaker expertise, something to the likes of Good enough for this pro good enough for me. :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

Mark Seaton with his new 18" subs. Nice design for my room since they have a 20" face such that two fit perfectly in the back wall out of the projection room.
What are the new 18" subs called, they don't look like the F18. Almost look like the Submersive with 18"?

I see after scrolling down the amps are on the back it looks like so just 1 18" per enclosure?

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
Wow... just wow. I can only imagin the sound ( and yes, soon enough I'd like to see and hear)! Congrats!

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
That's great. The M2s are awesome speakers.

What speakers did you go with for the rest of the system?

The eight surrounds are JBL Harman SCL-3s the six ceiling speakers are the JBL Harman SCL-4s. I still have two 12" Triad subs in two of the columns and, of course, along with the two new 18s in the back I have four Seaton Submersives behind the screen with the M2s.

Art

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are the new 18" subs called, they don't look like the F18. Almost look like the Submersive with 18"?

I see after scrolling down the amps are on the back it looks like so just 1 18" per enclosure?

From Mark:
The 18" subs you have are a model from our new Designer Series, the DS18-20, where the 20 indicates the 20" square face dimensions which allowed the pair to fit in the available space at the rear of the room. The 4,000W amplifier is located in your equipment rack.

Art

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Congrats Art. Nice that Mark Seaton helped with the install. It would have been nice to have him
when his 6 F18 and Two Submersives were delivered to me in April 2016. So that left Adam to install and calibrate them. I'm sure Adam didn't mind the manufacturer no show ??

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
The eight surrounds are JBL Harman SCL-3s the six ceiling speakers are the JBL Harman SCL-4s. I still have two 12" Triad subs in two of the columns and, of course, along with the two new 18s in the back I have four Seaton Submersives behind the screen with the M2s.

Art
Wow, that is a full on Synthesis system.

Those SCLs do sound nice. My audiophile friend Steve thought the JBL demo with the SCLs last year were the best he listened to.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts