1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to bring everyone up to speed.

Terk S24 Oval 3 LNB dish w/ built in Multiswitch to Sony SAT-HD200

Problem:

Working fine till one day no channels at all even though the 3 transponders on Sat C (all even) had great signal (80+) and Transponders 28, 30, and 32 on Sat B had great signal as well. Ocassionally, actually twice in the 30 times or so I had checked, did I receive even transponder signal on Sat A, so it was essentially completely out.

Work Thru:

Bypassed all the internal house wiring and set up a direct cable from the dish to the HD receiver: No Change

Realigned the dish infinite times with an Acutrac 22 digital Sat finder: No Change

Changed out the Sony Receiver: NO Change

Swapped ou the Multiswitch: No Change

Swapped out the A LNB as I didn't have another "good" LNB to swap: No Change

So in the time I had to wait, My DirecTV protection plan went into effect and after explaining everything to the tech, he brought the newer version of the Triple LNB Sat Dishes which incorporates the LNB's and multiswitch completely. The dish actually looks a little smaller and the LNB's are much closer together.

Problem Solved: It was the LNB's that were non functional.

As an aside, the signal is across the board 5 to 10 points better on every transponder that is operation with the new dish vs. the old one even before the malfunction.

Hope this helps some people out with similar situation as it was incredibly frustrating!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yea, I really hate it when an LNB dies the slow death. It drives one nuts!

With the old LNBs, I would recommend having a spare just in case. Glad the plan worked out for you. I've considered it myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.