AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ok, Ill be the first to ask, What are the gold colored hockey-puck-looking things? Also, what are the things that look like air hockey handles between the speaker wires? Looks like a pretty serious setup. Very nice.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably should state thechanges to my system;

-The old Rotel 1066 was relaced with a Lexicon MC-8

-The old Oppo DV-983H Universal Player modified by Doug Jessie of ASi Teknologies was replaced with the Oppo BDP-83 Universal Player also modified by ASi Teknologies

- I sold the following equipment, musichall CD player, Rotel RHB10 and the RHA10 classic pieces.

- I know have a hometheater system where everyhing but the Oppo bluray is connected to the Lexicon

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Noah_ /forum/post/16918248

Ok, Ill be the first to ask, What are the gold colored hockey-puck-looking things? Also, what are the things that look like air hockey handles between the speaker wires? Looks like a pretty serious setup. Very nice.

Thanks for looking,

The gold objects are Heavyhats purchased at Mapleshade. The black pieces under the components are Vibrapod bases and cones. The pieces that look like cork and rubber sandwiched together are called Quest For Sound Isol-Pads.

All of these products are used for vibration control because in my small 12' x 14' room I play the music very loud especially with bluray and I am running 8 speakers including 1 powered sub.

Believe me in my situation they are a big help!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Hehe, I just saved this thread so I can teach others what NOT to do....Dude you surely should use your intelligence to realize you waste so much money

Weights, cable lifters.....perfect thread for the wall of shame! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Did his thread really need to be bumped so people could make negative comments on his system? Really? Let the man spend his money how he wants, jeez.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
While I do agree that people go about things the wrong way, they are only trying to help (albeit in a crude and nasty way).

He could certainly apply what he spent on some of those items on things that would've complemented his system.

Also, just as an FYI, Stereophile did a review of RG products... It is a great read.

All that aside, it is lovely system my friend; job well done.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I tend to side with those who say audiophile "tweaks" such as those listed are more hot air than anything (risers, pennies on speaker corners, cables with batteries attached, etc..). It's just I don't understand why it needs to be said in the OPs thread when he's just showing off his stuff. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

·
Registered
639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/17036422

Don't get me wrong, I tend to side with those who say audiophile "tweaks" such as those listed are more hot air than anything (risers, pennies on speaker corners, cables with batteries attached, etc..). It's just I don't understand why it needs to be said in the OPs thread when he's just showing off his stuff. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

So true.. I've deleted my negative comments and starting fresh..

i30krab..... Great setup my friend. Makes my system look like a HTIB

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
i30krab,

Very nice gear, more power to you!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts