AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
thanks for the link this is indeed a very interesting option from what they are claiming:

- integrated IR in the iPhone case (which looks quite good for a change)

- remote software is activity based

- ability to add custom buttons

of course this is marketing so far, but lets see.

A few questions though:

- is the case compatible with iPod Touch?

- is the programming done only on the iPhone (which is not good for a comlex system), or will it be possible on a computer...

- will be be some kind of wifi option (compatible with Global Cache maybe)

I was considering very seriously the iRule solution, but this seems an interesting alternative. I want to check that the software is up to their claim "activity based" and allows for real flexibility, and has the small things (delays, page jumps...) that make a real universal remote soft.

Cboengrand

· Registered
263 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the fastmac booth is the first booth as you enter macworld and they have a working demo. I got to hold it in my hand. It does actually work!

The software is activities based and also has device specific remotes. The customization is pretty cool, works just like the iphone so nothing new to learn. You can drag and drop buttons anywhere you want. There are custom buttons and IR learning.

It was heavier than I thought (which isnt really a bad thing) and thinner than I expected it to be. The case has a rubberized feel and the whole thing doesnt add much to the iphone.

The kicker for me was the program guide built into the app and the built in search. Pretty sweet.

· Registered
263 Posts
i couldnt buy it knowing that everything i have and will always use will need RF to IR

IMO the redeye with IR jacks on the back of IR blasters (not currently available) looks better

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking at RedEye too but it only works at a single location. You can carry the fastmac IV everywhere you go. I want to take it to the sports bar and wreak some havoc when they refuse to put on the A's game.

· Registered
263 Posts
yeah, just different purposes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.