AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 3296 and I thought the side input was a fully "usable" input. It seems to me that it is the same as the AV 1 on the back of the set. Is this true? If I have something plugged in the AV 1 on the back and then plug something in the side ones, then the AV 1 one the back goes away. Then I though... I will use the svideo on the side, but again the back AV1 audio and the side audio seems "tied" together. Is this working as expected? If so then all you have on this set is 2 component and one reg input using svideo or composite. Right?

·
Registered
61 Posts
No, this doesn't sound right. On my 3097, I have 3 AV, 1 S-video, and 2 component inputs. In actuality, however, the S-video will use the first available audio source, S-video has no dedicated audio inputs for this video input. So, the audio cables I use for the S-video are plugged into AV2 in the rear, as one cable going into the side is enough as it is. Therefore, I do not have the AV2 'video' composite input available to me because the audio would be coming from the S-video source. I hope this made some sense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.