AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a longtime Replay owner, there is something that always annoyed me.

/rant on

When I have a lifetime Replay that I take with me on trips that last a week or longer. Typically, before I take said trip, I'll go through the setup, change the zip code and get the channel guide, clock, ect all set up and ready to go. I do this several times per year. Takes me less time than a commercial break to get it ready to go and I won't miss my favorite shows nor do I really need to worry about catching up on things.

Anyhow, when I get to the setup screen for the zip code, some programmer had the audacity to think I screwed up by stating "Press REW to erase a mistake." Sorry Mr. Programmer, but I haven't made a mistake. I would simply like to change the zip code because I am going to be using it in a different area than I last used it.

I know, it's a stupid thing, but couldn't whomever worded that to something like "Press REW to delete" or anything along those lines?

/rant off

Okay, now back to your previous presentation of tumble-weeds blowing through this forum

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
FYI, the way I change my ZIP code is to press the STOP button first, which clears the ZIP code, and then enter a new ZIP code. That way I'm not pressing the REW button 5 times to clear the old ZIP code. The wording on pressing the STOP button is more along the lines of wanting to change your ZIP code versus correcting your ZIP code...

Henry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts