AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there might be a specific song that can distort Polk Monitor speakers:

John McLaughlin's Celestrial Commuting & Marbles

seem to create a distortion chord so dissonant that my speakers amplify further drowning out other instruments,

The Spirit's Mechanical World has an overblown bass fuzz that is physically vibrating, disabling the sound. At first I thought it was my defective headphones but switched to another pair of phones and heard the same thing. I am using HK Digital Media Center as source to HK 3490 stereo receiver.

Guess my question is whether anyone has a list of specific songs that seem to test the speakers severely?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had a center channel speaker that would only distort randomly on some Blu's. After chasing my tail trying to even try to find which speaker was causing the problem (the distortion was brief and seemed to be everywhere), I finally discovered that the CC speaker had a torn cone, and that it was only noticeable with certain frequencies. (One of the sinking ship scenes in the last version of Pearl Harbor caused the distortion every time.)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchie /forum/post/19634743

Wondering if there might be a specific song that can distort Polk Monitor speakers:

Guess my question is whether anyone has a list of specific songs that seem to test the speakers severely?

Try some Lady Gaga...........that sounds like crap on most systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts