AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an update on SonicBlue ReplayTV division. I noticed in a post yesterday that someone thought this business unit was going or gone.

Today, someone posted and I have confirmed that our friend Lyndon's email is bouncing. May just be a temp error but he was our star.

Then yesterday we had the saga of the support in India and all the problems that is causing / has caused.

Does anyone have the real SP on SonicBlue / ReplayTV in regards this business unit. It would be real nice to hear some good news for all of us.

They have some great products (that need only a little work) and I'd really like to get the rally going for some positive news.... please.

·
Registered
811 Posts
but SonicBlue has improved their "burn rate" on cash substantially over 2001. Basically, for the 9 months ended Sept, 2001, SB's operating loss was 253% of their net sales. For the 9 months ended Sept, 2002, SB's operating loss was "only" 29% of net sales. They also showed positive margin on net sales in 2002 as well (something they didn't show in 2001). What does this mean? SB is heading in the right direction. They're not out of the woods yet, but the picture is improving. Also, remember that due to the fact that a portion of their revenue comes in the form of a "service" (the activation), that SB recognizes the revenue from the sale of a unit over the course of four years (which one can only assume that someone who sets GAAP has determined is the useful life of a RTV -- otherwise I cannot come up with why they would use four years).

EDIT: Some additional info: SB acquired RTV in August of 2001. SB had total revenue of $79 million in 2001 and as of Sept, 2002 had $78 million. SB had $12 million in cash as of Sept, 2002 and they're "burning" about $15 million a quarter. Let's hope they "get healthy" this holiday season (and lot's of folks opt for the $250 lifetime activation instead of the monthly $10 fee).

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have spent over 6 hours on the phone on hold over the last 2 days, trying to cancel my account. I keep getting put on hold and then after about 45 min, without ever getting to talk with someone, I get disconnected. I am getting so angry. I justwant to cancel my damn account. One time I did get through and was told "I am sorry. Only a superviser can cancel an account and there is none here. He will be on in a few hours. Can you call back then?" Note, this was after being on hold for nealy an hour! I can not recommend Replay to ANYONE with this kind of customer service. I am cheap, but I would never again give my money to this company after all the grief I have suffered as a result of their customer service. This is of course, just my opinion. Those that disagree, I wish you the best and hope your experience is different than mine.

Merry Christmas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.