Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

While at my local Radio Shack picking up parts yesterday I spied a "just in" new DVD player on the shelf. It caught my eye as it was styled like the ReplayTV series 4000 boxes. Same silver case etc. And I believe the price was something like 119 bucks !! Guess SonicBlue is expanding. There's another thread here also about their commercial/business RPTVs.

The DVD player looks very nice. As soon as they hook it up I'll have to test out my VCD, SVCD, Mini-DVD and DVDs. Yeah, I have quite a collection and as the technology goes I keep upgrading ..

Ain't technology grand ??

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich A
Ain't technology grand ??
Yah, I'm totally hooked on the stuff. Just ordered a second Rio Receiver (one for home) the other day.

I just love these fiddly things with knobs and displays and bouncy leds all over them.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Could you tell if it was actually branded ReplayTV? There's a silver Go-Video DVD player (DVP855) on the RadioShack webpage, but the pic isn't very big, and that model's not (still/yet) on the Go Video website. (Go Video mainly makes dual-deck VHS systems and combo DVD/VHS systems; it's another SonicBlue company)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes jtl I think you are correct. It was a "GoVideo" or something. But it clearly also had the "SonicBlue" logo on it's front. It caught my eye from across the store because at first glance I thought it was a 4K series ReplayTV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.