AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

I currently own a Sony DB790 Receiver and Yamaha NSP110 6.1 set speakers linked up to a 40" LEM86BD Samsung TV.

I have been browsing/searching through the receiver/speaker threads on avs and i just wondered if i could look for anyones input for my future plan/reccomendations.

Firstly, do you think that my current system is well balanced in terms of the quality of my speakers compared to Receiver? I have always debated this.

Secondly, i am looking to upgrade my whole system soon so i can reap advantage of the New HD formats such as True HD, DTS HD etc.

In the future I am looking to purchase both a suitable receiver a new speakers (seperate or a set) however i am very confused with my choice.

Would it be a compromise for instance to keep my current receiver and to purchase a set of speakers first? Or would this, depending upon which speakers i buy be a bad decison/balance?

I am looking to spend on both speakers and the receiver for Euro: 800 Max (Around 1100 USD?) but will be willing to save that bit extra for some extra value of course. This would baland i guess 400 For a new budget receiver(such as the Onkyo 606)

My usuages will be as following

33% Gaming on my pc (attached to my TV)

33% HD Movies (Blu Ray and HDDVD Combo in pc)

33% Music (Lossless and Music DVDs)

I also own a PS3, so idealy i would like a bitstream(so i can let the receiver do the decoding)

Which would be a suitable speaker package for me considering i cant go with Polk(cant get em in Europe)

Instead of Satalites, this time around i would like to go Bookshelf and even maybe floorstanding speakers for the front 2 channels.

1- Would anyone have any reccomendations to us with my current DB790? Or should i just wait and buy a new receiver and speaker package at the same time?

2- In regards to matching a speaker set to future a Receiver, what speaker set/seperates would match that of a budget Yamaha, onkyo or one of the new denons?

I realise its a matter of taste, but if you guys could help me narrow my decision, it would be great!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help out
?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts