AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed this install in my master bedroom.

Mounted the TV on the wall with a basic tilt mount and used the Sonos mount for the Playbar.

Relocated the Sat/DVR and DVD player into the master closet to keep a clean look. Added elec outlets to the closet and behind the TV.
Ran two 35 ft Hdmi cables and relocated the coax for the sat.

I have the Sonos subwoofer under the bed and the system sounds good.

Reactions: N3O

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also created a feature wall behind the bed from two sheets of plywood covered with a woven layer of 14 inch aluminum flashing. Behind the edge is a RGBW light strip.

Before

After

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good job on the redo. You'll like that Sonus Playbar even better with the added sub!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good job on the redo. You'll like that Sonus Playbar even better with the added sub!!
The sub makes the Sonos system very usable when you want to 'listen' to music as opposed to back ground music. The problem is now I want to add a few more to my other zones.

I will also need to put the bedroom sub on a timer or remote power strip so it can be turned off when its time to sleep. There has been times when I have fell asleep with the tv on and a commercial with a lot of bass comes on and wakes us up. She is not happy! I think it's a high quality problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The sub makes the Sonos system very usable when you want to 'listen' to music as opposed to back ground music. The problem is now I want to add a few more to my other zones.

I will also need to put the bedroom sub on a timer or remote power strip so it can be turned off when its time to sleep. There has been times when I have fell asleep with the tv on and a commercial with a lot of bass comes on and wakes us up. She is not happy! I think it's a high quality problem.
Sorry you had an unreliable experience with your past or present Sonus Sub. I have no issues with mine and extremely happy with it. :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I recently completed this install in my master bedroom.

Mounted the TV on the wall with a basic tilt mount and used the Sonos mount for the Playbar.

Relocated the Sat/DVR and DVD player into the master closet to keep a clean look. Added elec outlets to the closet and behind the TV.
Ran two 35 ft Hdmi cables and relocated the coax for the sat.

I have the Sonos subwoofer under the bed and the system sounds good.

What are you using for a remote control for the TV. Is is an RF or IR type? If so what brands? Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry you had an unreliable experience with your past or present Sonus Sub. I have no issues with mine and extremely happy with it. :cool:

I love my sub! The issue with it under the bed is just that it can be too loud for sleeping. I could turn the bass down in the setup but then it wouldn't sound as good for music in the mornings.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are you using for a remote control for the TV. Is is an RF or IR type? If so what brands? Thanks
The TV and the Sat are controlled by the dish remote, IR for the TV and RF for the sat box. The DVD in the closet is also IR but I can hit it from the bed with the closet door open so no problems.

In other situations I have used this type with no issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Dua...id=1427487077&sr=8-8&keywords=remote+extender

·
3 Posts
Reviving a thread from the past...

Shamrock, how did you handle the wire management? We are about to do this same thing in a new living room on a stone wall. I was thinking that I'd install a recessed box horizontally under the middle of the Playbar and feed the toslink cable up to a corresponding box behind the TV. But, I'm stumped on the power cord. Sonos sends 6' power cords which is tough to coil up in a small hole under the Playbar! What did you do?

And isn't your Playbar upside down?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recently switched out the Panasonic Plasma for the 65 LG OLED and added some play 1s for the surround sound.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reviving a thread from the past...

Shamrock, how did you handle the wire management? We are about to do this same thing in a new living room on a stone wall. I was thinking that I'd install a recessed box horizontally under the middle of the Playbar and feed the toslink cable up to a corresponding box behind the TV. But, I'm stumped on the power cord. Sonos sends 6' power cords which is tough to coil up in a small hole under the Playbar! What did you do?

And isn't your Playbar upside down?
I installed a recessed outlet behind the tv and a 1" hole behind the Sonos in the top middle. The power cord and optical cord go through the hole and come out behind the tv next to the recessed outlet. Sorry for the late response.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I installed a recessed outlet behind the tv and a 1" hole behind the Sonos in the top middle. The power cord and optical cord go through the hole and come out behind the tv next to the recessed outlet. Sorry for the late response.
That maybe agaisnt code in your area so you should check up on that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts