AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to posting on here. Been looking around a long time. Anyways the old velodyne hgs-12 just crapped out and decided to do my own build. I really need someone to help me with size of tube and port size as I own only android stuff and can't get any programs to work. What I have is an 18 inch sonotube 6` long, Dayton reference HP 15, and several pro audio amps. Probably will use qsc 1450 and dbx crossover. Very capable of the build but need some guidance. 60% music the rest movies. Thanks

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Looks like you have the perfect amount of sono for 8cf (internal after displacement) 16-17hz tune 300w if that appeals to you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the shortest I could make it around that tune and what size port. I have anywhere from 450-2000 watts I can use

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblur  /t/1520509/sonosub-build-help#post_24429784

What's the shortest I could make it around that tune and what size port. I have anywhere from 450-2000 watts I can use

33-35ish tall 4" flared port 23.5" just the sono part of the equation no top or bottom cap or legs figured in yet. 450w with hp at 17hz unless hp built in amp. I would have to firm everything up if you went that route though.

HF 4.6cf versus 8cf

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblur  /t/1520509/sonosub-build-help#post_24436779

Sounds good. Firm it up and I will build it

34" sono with 23.5 long 4" flared port one insert top and bottom cap. Be sure to put a 3/4 top cap on just in case your not planning to keep the back of your driver away from the end of your vent inside. When you add legs and bottom cap that'll add to the total length also of course. Be around 39"ish tall when all said and done.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by splotten  /t/1520509/sonosub-build-help#post_24437307

You mean -two- 4" flared ports right? Thats what i get in 9 cubes tuned to 17Hz.

No I suggested larger (HF 4.6cf versus 8cf) and showed the OP the graph but he stated after he wanted as small as he could go the way I took it anyway??? My first suggestion was 8cfish with the amount of sono he had and that's what the driver wants or there abouts although he posted 450 watts after the suggestion which brings excursion into play.
Quote:

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Yeah the 8cf was just a quick and dirty glance not wanting to overstate on account of not totally factoring internal after displacement.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If OP wants it small, the HF also looks good in ~4 cu ft sealed, all though I'm not so sure it can keep up with his old Velodyne.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by splotten  /t/1520509/sonosub-build-help#post_24437447

If OP wants it small, the HF also looks good in ~4 cu ft sealed, all though I'm not so sure it can keep up with his old Velodyne.

LOL.. Yeah you can see from my graph I was looking at that too.??? http://www.4smileys.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts