AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently heard the Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home speakers and was blown away by the sound. Has anyone used these speakers in their HT setup? For such a high end speaker there does not seem to be much conversation about using them in a HT setup.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Many of us have auditioned them in our local stores and certainly agree with you. I thought their sound signature was amazing and the quality of the cabinet outstanding. However, they were very expensive and I ended up going a different route. If you can afford them and like them, I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Grand Pianos, Solo center and Wall surrounds with a REL Storm III. Although they are on the high side for home theater, I chose this group for its musical ability, clean sound and spaciousness and I love them. While I am sure there are many other systems that may be appropriate for strictly HT (certainly cheaper), if you also listen to music , you won't regret the SF choice. Oh, and by the way, our friends are blown away by how they sound in HT mode.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
In defense of Sonus Faber pricing, those are some relatively expensive Scan-Speak drivers that Triad also uses. Considering the parts cost and enclosure quality, I consider them a bargain. Just FYI...

·
Registered
305 Posts
To second what racecar said, when I chose the Sonus Faber Grand Piano Homes for my mains, I did so because I was looking for terrific 2-channel music reproduction (in my price range, of course). Subsequently, I was very happy that my Sonus Faber HT (Solo center, Walls, Velodyne HGS-15) sounds just as impressive. However, the Sonus Fabers do need good electronics backing them up to get the most out of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.