AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 10HT to use with my DVD player. Eventually, I will buy a HDTV receiver so I want to run the

cables for that now. Should I run an extra pair of component video cables with RCA ends? I'm thinking of getting the new Sony SAT-HD100. Does anyone have experience with this using the 10HT? I understand the SAT has outputs for component, S-video or VGA and I believe the component is the 1st choice for connection. Correct? One last question: the 10HT inputs have 5 connections marked : G/Y, B/Ca/Pb, R/Cr/Pr, SYNC/HD, VD. If the component connections go to the 1st 3, what are the last 2 used for?

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
553 Posts
You are correct that for the 10HT the most straight forward approach is to use component cables if you have that option although a lot of early adopters that have the DTC-100 have used the VGA breakout type cable with equivalent results. I myself have a DTC-100 and use the AA VGA to component transceiver. The 10HT RCA inputs are multipurpose so when using component Y/Pb/Pr inputs only the first three connectors are used. The VGA signal uses the R/G/B and 2 final inputs for sync purposes.

------------------

Tom Pfarr
http://www.toad.net/~tpfarr/Hometheater.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.