AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I’m now in possession of a Sony 1001Q, my company was going to throw it out so I asked if I can have it. With the guilt of first asking the question “what wrong with it?†the administrator for our simulator turn on the system and the projector was displaying bad convergence.

I would have felt guilty in not asking “did you call in a Tech to fix this?â€

The guy said yes but the tech wanted four thousand dollars to fix it, at that price we could purchase a new one. So the company purchased a single lens LCD unit what brand I didn’t care.

Not trying to show my begging I asked if I can have it, and with the signing of the paperwork AS-IS don’t return, don’t ask for help he gave me the projector and the mounts.

The unit is now calibrated and the picture looks great, next step installing to the ceiling in the living room.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Good Score!

Do a search for squashing. Run the PJ in 16:9 w/ anamorphic DVDs and you will have an OK treat! Also search for "crt masking" to reduce the light in the room from internal reflection. Finally, you might also look check out different lenses (glass) which will make the picture sharper.

Best of luck. Even if you use as-is it will (assuming tubes are in good condition and you get a good screen) outperform most NON-HD RPTVs...

--Kieth

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
4,000 dollars

to have a tech converged a projector

and i thought it hurt to pay 600$$$

to have my sony 1292 calibrated

XANATOS

·
Registered
16,655 Posts
heck I would have done it for half that ;) .

-- Jason Berg

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
OK 300$$$ IT IS

AND I WILL EVEN THROW IN BUS FARE;)

XANATOS:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I got my first 1041 like that. The service company claimed the tubes were burned out. Some outrageous amount of money. It was declined. When I got the thing home, I ended up turning the G2's up. They were turned all the way down. It made a beautiful picture until I passed it on to someone else in favor of an NEC.

Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.