AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 1030Q1 sitting on the coffee table that throws a good image when using the video input. The problem starts when I use a line doubler with it. This model will do 31khz, but the convergence is impossible to get even close. I cannot get pincushion, or horizontal linearity to come in. Each color has distorted in a different way. When I switch back to video, the pincushion slowly straightens out again, and everything else is fine. So, obviously something is failing. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone have a copy of the service manual in PDF? I have the supplement, but it does not tell me what most of the other pots do. This is a side project of mine, since my dedicated PJ is an NEC, so it's not life or death... but I would like to fix this sony and see what it can really do.

Marc

·
Registered
86 Posts
Something I came across that was similar, no matter what I did I couldn't get the image square. Turned out that a very small portion of the items needed to change from front/rear and table/ceiling mount weren't set properly. Fixed that and everything was great.

*edit*

You can download the service manual here . That site's also great for some tweaking tips.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Marc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.