Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

first, it's great to see such a vibrant community! I searched long for one to find some answers from.

I've tried reading all the previous threads about my questions but did not find 100% complete answers.. So here I go:

1) I'm getting the dreaded macrovision jumpiness effect when I connect my interlaced PAL DVD -player to the Scart RGB input. I know there is no way around it other than to get a decent Macro remover or get my player Macrovision-free modded. I would, however, like to know if the marvellous iScan Pro -doubler would affect this situation, ie. would it help remove the macrovision effects while ran thru the RGB -inputs/outputs?

2) Is it possible to use PAL line doubling on it at all? I have a 1030QM that is _under_ the S/N 50xxx mark (way below infact) but a very experienced tech servician used to handle a lot of Sony's told me it infact should be possible; he has not ever seen one 1030 in his 15 year career not to work over the 26 Khz limit. Would this be true and would my only choice be to just get the iScan and test the PJ with it and see what happens?

I also read about the mysterious zenen diode and how it should be changed from 7.5V to 10V to make the 1030 scan to 39Khz. I guess nobody ever really knew anyone who actually might know where that diode is located? :)

Have ANY of you ever got into trouble with the

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
If you look on the top right board (if your standing behind the PJ lenses facing away from you) there is a switch marked AGC. You can turn it off and it will kill the macrovison problems.

If you get an I scan or another line doubler and run your projector with the RGB feed the macrovision problem will be eliminated.

The Iscan outputs NTSC only? I dont know if you can use it for the PAL video format or if there is a switch to run it PAL.

If you are thinking of getting a 1031Q, thats the unit I have with mint tubes. These projectors are able to scan up to 36Khz and do line doubling very well. I am using a DWIN LD5 line doubler which I use to up convert composit and S video signals to RGBHV signals. I have compaired the 1031Q to other higher end units and it comes very close with other units not beeing that much better.

The 1031Q depending on serial number has a set of HD6 lenses which have 2 inner glass elements and to outer acrylic lense elements. The 1040 and 1030 have TAC-3 lenses that are 3 emement plastic lenses. I do have an extra set of TAC-3 lenses from a 1040 and they dont work as good as the HD6 lenses for obvious reasons.

Hope this answers some Q's for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

thank you for your answers, truly appreciated.

Though, I thought the AGC switch *only* helped for the composite input macrovision problems, ie. the screen getting darker and brighter. But the RGB problem is the picture jumping up and down very rapidly.

The iScan _Pro_ does linedouble PAL aswell, it's a multiformat thingie. That's one more thing that makes it more special for the price ;)

But it seems I have to really, really try out the iScan for the Macrovision. I just hope I won't blow up my 1030 with the doubled PAL-image, if it goes too high (~32Khz when 26Khz would be the upperlimit my 1030 feels comfortable with) that is :)

The 1031QM would be sweet though.. Gotta find a buyer for my 1030 I guess.

thanks

,,juuso

·
Registered
426 Posts
Juuso,

The easiest option for you to try, would be to make up a vga to scart cable (cut off one end of a vga to vga cable and solder the red, green and blue + gnds to their respective pins on the scart. Wire the h and v sync cables together onto the video pin and gnd). You could use this to feed a rgb h/v signal from a computer which would save you the effort of trying to source a line doubler to try this.

I've also had problems with macrovision on a 1031 on the composite input which I sorted by using the agc switch. Unfortunately I've never tried an interlaced rgb output so I can't help you there.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.