Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I own a Sony 1031q CRT (European model with SCART input for RGBs) I'm in the search for a progressive scan PAL and NTSC DVD player (like the Philips 963SA) but those players always have only component output to deliver the de-interlaced signal.

Is there a way to convert this into RGBs, understandable for the 1031q ?

Thanks,

Ghost.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
You would need to get a component to RGBS converter. AVToolbox has a YUV to RGB converter...

http://www.avtoolbox.com/avt-3343.htm

You would then need a breakout cable or an extron computer interface box and BNC RGBS to DB25 snake adapter.

I'd say just build or buy an HTPC. By the time you break for a progressive DVD player and the converter box you are near the cost of a budget HTPC with slightly inferior picture quality (depending on the stand-alone DVD player). Good luck!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ghost,

Search out the recent discussion over on the Video processors forum about the Burosch converter. It would do the job. Some of the UK companies (keene and lektropacks) supply rgb to component converters which MAY work in the other direction. I'm sure your local suppliers will have similar bits. I think that there is also a unit available from Kramer electronics.

On the dvd side, Philips have the mk II version of their 1000 dvd recorder (reviews in the current UK magazines) available. Although it's quite expensive it does has a vga output which you could feed directly to your Sony via a vga to scart adapter. The onboard deinterlacer also works when the recorder is set to it's internal tuner or when a video input is selected. I'm not quite sure if it's capable of pal progressive (one review says yes, the other says ntsc only) but that can't be far off. There may be some issues with this because the source/ tuner will probably undergo a mpeg encoding / decoding cycle before it goes thru the deinterlacer...... but it would be worth trying out.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.