AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found the right place for this projector in my HT room.the screen ended up to be about 100".The projector was converged on under 80" before and it was okay.until now I tried so many things to get everything align.The problem is the left or right horizontal is about an inch off.The RED horizontal part only.The Green and Blue are okay.just the red.Last night was the 4th times I tried to align the red H line.I tried thr RED horizontal pots to "The second and third pots on the left"but no luck.I also tried the 2 poles on the red tubes.but not the ring part"flare"any sugestion will be apreciated.Thanks KC>>>>>

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Did you check the spacer rings and shims under the tubes and lens for 100" setting?

Marc

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tinman,

what should it say on the thing,any #'s .is it on the front where the lens is or where??thanks KC>>>

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried from 60"to 80" screen size.and still off either side.it just get closer because the screen size gets smaller.Any help will be apreciated.Thanks.KC>>

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
It may be the RED horozontal width coild needs adjusting. If you go to the link you got from TINMAN all the info you will ever need is there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
KC,

You will need to disassemble the lens block and use the 100" setting on the plastic rings.

Additionally you may need to change the shims and spacers under the red and blue CRT's.

I Believe that throw distance is critical also. Many use PJ Calc to determine the correct placement of the PJ

The FAQ generated on this forum and listed by Marc is pretty extensive.

Good Luck

Rob

·
Registered
86 Posts
Since Vic brought up the width adjustment coils, typically how much turning results in a noticable change? I tried a little last night, and it didn't look like turning it (I only went about half a turn) did any good. Do the coils require several rotations to begin making a noticable difference?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turned it half way and didn't do anything.I will have to try to turn it more later and see if it works.Thanks GUYS.KC>>>

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Teh coisl seem to act very quickly and you should see somthing happenign as soon as you start to turn them. I mean, when I adjusted mine I only needed about 1/8 of a turn.

This adjustment works well with th ecenter cross hair so you can see the side marker vertical lines converging. It also works with the hatch pattern for fine tuning.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is it the hex head "screw" looking piece that turns? Or something beneath it. Because on mine, they just don't seem to want to move and I'm not a big fan of using muscle on such small things when I'm not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.