AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find out what causes this lines across the screen.starts from the bottom to the top.specialy on a dark scenes of the show.I'm using the composite video right now.I tried pluging the PJ power into a different power seperated from other equipment.didn't work.is this coming from other equipment interfering the signal from the cable box???Any help will be apreciated.Thanks.KC>>>

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
If you are seeing diagonal lines that cross the screen, most likely the G2 controls are turned up too high. Do a search on G2 on sony. It is a simple fix.

Marc

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tinman,

I tried the G2 knobs and turned them down.The lines are still there but not to bright like before.The lines are constantly going from bottom to the top of screen.looks like some video or frequency interferance.Thanks.KC>>>

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Ok... that could be hum. A bad ground, or bad capacitor in the powersupply can be the cause of this. Are these lines more like a bar moving from the bottom up?

Marc

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tinman,

about 5-6 inches thick bar coming from the bottom to the top.Thanks.KC>>>

·
Registered
125 Posts
sounds like a GROUND LOOP try pluging it into the same outlet as the rest of your gear with an extension cord and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
16,582 Posts
Try a plug adapter that eliminates the grounding prong from the power plug and let us know the results [ these are available at most hardware shops ] .

--- Jason Berg

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Is this on all the sources? If so I agree with Jason's idea about the ground lift plug. I had a problem with a DWIN and that $2.00 fix worked great. The lines were moving horozontally though from bottom to top.

If your line is on one side of the screen and is not moving it is a hum bar usually generated by CATV not being grounded correctly. GET SATELLITE.

I also want to ask, what type of interconnect are you using on to input composit video to the projector? It may not be sheilded properly or it might not be a true 75 ohm cable!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,the problem was fixed.it was a ground loop.bought a cheater plug from 3 to 2.Thanks JASON and the rest of people who tried to help me with this problem.KC>>>

·
Registered
594 Posts
Isn't this now a safety concern? The ground is there for a reason isn't it?

·
Registered
16,582 Posts
Chris ,

-- you are correct , the ground is there for a reason . However as long as you use a Surge/Lightning Protection device between the wall and the PJ then you should have no worries in doing this . I would not recommend doing this directly to the wall as you most certainly would lose your PJ with a large enough spike . If you have concerns over the grounding issue then you can certainly use other ways to ground the PJ or try a ground loop isolation device .

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Your projector is now grounded through the cables going to your video source. Since you had a ground loop problem, you can also try plugging your PJ into the same circuit as the rest of your gear. I have a dedicated circuit for my gear, so nothing else interferes with it. Works quite nicely.

Glad your Sony's OK.

Marc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.