AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking over a few specs on the BARCO 600 it seems it may be a better projector then a SONY 1031Q. What do you think?

They both use the same tubes and are about the same as far as lumens go but the BARCO has more set up / convergence adjustments that lead me to think it can produce an even better picture then a 1031Q. I have a 1031Q and I absolutly love it so I am woundering if it would make sence to replace it with a BARCO 600? I know the BARCO is an analog unit like the 1031Q, I dont care about that too much. I dont mind the hands on tweeking of analog PJ's.

On the other hand the BARCO is a modular projector and seems to be easy to replace parts when they go bad, and I know they go bad from all the "my barco took a crap" posts :)

So, Before I re do my personal theater would it make a big differance or should I just get the BARCO for a back up unit?

Help me keep out of trouble:)

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Vic, I think you should send me your 1031 and fiddle with that Barco.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.... Muhahahaaaa.... :)

Honestly, they are modular, yes, and nice when/if they work. Personally I have had too much trouble with old Barco's. I think that's the reason they are modular. But that's just my own opinion. I don't doubt that the newer units are more reliable.

Marc

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TINMAN

Ha Ha, NO! I plan on keeping the 1031 just considering a slightly beter projector that might need a little TLC and possibly a tube swapping with my 1031Q. I dont really want to do that again seeing that I have a near mint and working 1031.

I know the old saying dont fix what isnt broken and this might be a BIG mistake, I may grab it and see what hapens maby use it as a back up projector. KNOCK ON WOOD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.