Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've 'joined the crt-club' as I bought an old sony 1031qm projector and I need some confirmation. As you probably know this projector has scart-input. Now, I have read that it's possible to make a vga->scart cable and many of you are using this PJ with a HTPC. But can somebody confirm that this works with Nintaus 9769 as well? I'm about to order it from Denmark but I have to be sure...

Miikka

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had a Skyworth and now i own a Nintaus and i'm using it with a 1030.

:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I also have a 1031 and a Nintaus but I encountered some problems.

I didn't know that the 'NORMAL MODE - SUPER MODE' switch on the front panel of the CRT must be on 'NORMAL' to be able to scan at 32 kHz. So, my CRT is ceilling mounted and I can't move it anymore (I don't want to do more holes on my ceiling ;) )

My 16/9 screen base is 82,67'' (210 centimeters) and in the 'SUPER MODE', the image fill the entire area of the screen :) . But, if I switch to 'NORMAL MODE', the image base is only 72,83'' (185 centimeters) :( .

At this point, I prefer to keep my Sony DVD-S7700 and scan at 15,625 kHz :rolleyes: .

Does anyone have a solution (in order to scan at 32 kHz in SUPER MODE) ?

Thanks,

Ghost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ghost

So if I set that NORMAL - SUPER switch to normal I'm able to use my soon arriving Nintaus to get progressive pal, but does it work with self made vga->scart cable? I remember reading that you had this kind of setup or am I wrong?

Sorry that I can't help you with that scan rate problem...

Is there any other special tricks I should be aware of?

Miikka

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Jungleland,

Yes, a simple self-made VGA=>SCART works (RGBs) but that wasn't made by me but by a friend of mine.

Ghost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.