Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i've had my 34hs510 for a little over a month now, and i figured it was time to try and find this vertical bar. Well, i saw it (not really what i thought it was gonna be), and i did the quick fix. As with all service menu changes, i don't write them unless i am sure i haven't changed anything else.

I did accidentally hit 7 on the remote, and i haven't been able to find out what this does.

Regardless though, I keep turning off my set, and then re-entering the service mode. When i get to the menu for the fix, the value is set to 0. it WAS originally 1 when i entered the first time. I did change it to 0 by pressing 6, but i did not press mute and then enter. Could anyone help and please calm my nerves!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good suggestion. i wish i saw it a little sooner before i decided to just write the (hopefully) 1 change i made.

i never pressed 3 or 6 so i figure i'm fine. i want to know what the 7 button does in the service menu now. and to restore factory settings by pressing 8, do you still have to press mute then enter? i may do this, and then change everything again, just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Be careful when restoring the factory defaults.

There may be a general factory default on which your set was additionally fined tuned at the factory.

I don't know for sure, but I would want to know that before I would ever restore my default settings.

·
6,091 Posts
I had a service tech out once and he made changes in the service menu including the HDPT fix. When the power went out because of a storm the changes made were lost apparantly because he didn't WRITE the changes. About the 7 key; I'm not aware of this button doing anything but I'd get other opinions on that since I'm not sure. I'd agree with Montreal about the defaults, you could lose the "picture" you have now and return the set to the way it was before final tweaking at the factory. That might not be good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help guys. i'm not going to reset anything. it seems the only thing i changed is the HDPT value. When i pressed 7, it said something like 'ini-' and then returned to saying service.

And what you say about factory setting defaults and such did have me worried. i don't think i would have risked it anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.