AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sony did show the 11ht. I didn't wait to see it in their demo room, but the unit on the floor exhibited fairly poor black level and pixelization. I have excellent vision and can see the pixels easily on most LCD projectors, but I see no reason why the Sony will be any better than the Sanyo or the clones out there.

------------------

Steve

Synergy MultiMedia, LLC

Atlanta, Georgia

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The 11HT in the demo room looked MUCH better that the one on display. I think the Sony techs took a bit more time in calibrating it. The calibration was a bit "juiced" for my tastes, but HD looked great and DVD acceptable, if you're not a black level freak.

Was really surprised me was the quality of the little Sony speakers they used in the demo room.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I made the trip to Cedia and I have to admit I was impressed with the 11ht in the theater room.

After the demo, I asked them to pull up an NTSC source and they did it. I am planning to use the projector for DirecTv viewing and wanted to see what it looked like.

The happily obliged which I could not find one other single company willing to do.

Anyway, i made a 4 hour drive to see this projector (and the seleco 200dm and Faraoudja NR scaler at work) and I was not disappointed. I would love to hear other's opinions.

·
Registered
137 Posts
sullmeist,

are you saying that you thought the Sony 11HT looked good on NTSC? Any motion artifacts? I too am planning to use the projector for Direct TV viewing.

How did the Sharp 9000 compare to the Sony?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I took a look at the model outside of the demo room and was very unimpressed by the black levels. I'd just seen a couple of the new 1280x720 DLP's and was disappointed enough not to go in for the demo.

However, it sounds like the veiwing room was set-up for a better picture quality than the one I saw. I wish I'd gone in to see the demo now.

-Carlton

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was at my local HT store which had an 11HT on display showing on a Greyhawk screen, first time I saw a Greyhawk. They were displaying the HD feed of the U.S. open. Black levels were great! The same room used to have a 10HT with (i think) a matte white screen.

Later,

Miles

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Miles,

Did they have a price in Cdn $$?

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.