Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow board members,

while trying to decide wether to buy a Sanyo PLV-60 or a Sony VW11HT, I talked to a representative from Sony Professional over here in Germany last week and he told me (after going through lots of specifications and manuals) that the 11HT can only be driven in "full trough" (1:1 mapping mode) at 1365x768 when the PC or scaler connected to the 11HT's RGB input is set to 56 Hz (!) - - no scaler (to my knowledge) is able to output at 56 Hz...

I asked what would happen if you drove it with 1365x768 at 60Hz (or higher) and he said, that then just the inner 4:3 portion of the picture would be usable (just like with the 10HT).

He wasn't able to tell me why Sony went this way, but he recommended the "DTV emulation" settings (as with the 10HT) to drive the 11HT from a HTPC or scaler.

I'm looking forward to any kind of confirmation from a 11HT user or dealer having tested this. Thanks !!

Greetings,

Tobias

·
Registered
14 Posts
Really !?

I have just bought the VW11HT few days ago. One of the reason I pick it is because, according to Sony's web site, it claims the problem of 10HT in using its native resolution with HTPC is solved.

I have a HTPC setup with Radeon VE. I will definitely give it a try but, however, I am a newbie and may take some time to figure out the Powerstrip setting.

K. Kwok

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by K.Kwok:
Really !?

I have just bought the VW11HT few days ago. One of the reason I pick it is because, according to Sony's web site, it claims the problem of 10HT in using its native resolution with HTPC is solved.

I have a HTPC setup with Radeon VE. I will definitely give it a try but, however, I am a newbie and may take some time to figure out the Powerstrip setting.

K. Kwok
Left click on PS icon in system tray, go to (display profiles: configure). When displays profile box comes up hit (Advanced timing options...), then in the Advanced timing options box hit (Custom resolutions...). Choose 1360x768 and hit the (add new resolution) button. If the HT11 supports 1 to 1 pixel mapping at 72hz this should do it.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...nce=0&res=high

William

[This message has been edited by William (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
By refering to the manual of 11HT, it also show that 56Hz is expected in 1366x768 mode.

Therefore, I try to configure PS in 1360x768 with 56Hz vertical refresh rate. No other fine tuning figure such as front porch is modified from default.

By doing that, although I can get a 16x9 windows desktop using 1360x768, there are still some problems that I am like having a virtual screen. If I move the mouse across the middle of the screen, the screen will scroll horizontally and vertically.

The scrolled horizon part is just the wrapped image on the left, while the scrolled verital part is totally garbage.

If I use WinDVD and try to maximize the screen, the program will still think it is a 1024x768 screen and cannot maximize to the entire 1366 pixel horizontally.

I am using a P4 system with Radeon VE and driver 7109, do anybody have some idea on what went wrong ?

Thanks

K.Kwok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.