AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony 1251 video projector and am using a dwin line doubler with bnc connectors to the projector. The Dwin does not take component video in. I can use external sync or sync on green. The projector also takes composite video and s video. I tried to hook up my JVC progressive scan dvd component video directly to the projector using the rgb outputs on the JVC to the rgb bnc video inputs on the projector and I just got a green picture. Do I need a new board for component video for this projector or what? If I hook up a HDTV receiver using component video what are the limitations, ie what level of HDTV can I get or do I need to upgrade to a g70? And finally is there anyway to route an HDTV signal through anything other than component video to this projector? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
859 Posts
You will need either Component to RGB transcoder, like the one made by Key Digital (check www.copperbox.com ), or an IFB-1400 component video input board for your projector. There are two component video input boards available for the 1251, but this is the one that accepts progressive. This board is about $500 from www.projectorspecs.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.