AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed my search for a CRT projector but I still have some questions. Is there a web site that I can get a technical comparison of the 1252 and 1272? Or, is there anyone who can provide me with the basic differences in the two models?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Basic differences between the two are the 1252 has 9 convergence points, the 1272 has 21. The 1252 will not scan as high as a 1272 but I don't remember the frequencies.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You may also want to consider a 1271. It's quieter, cheaper and the only difference is about 50 lumens of light output. I think it would be hard to tell the difference between 650 and 700 lumens and you'll save yourself hundreds of dollars.

- Brian

·
Registered
177 Posts
A 1271 is a good choice and good value for money, still has higher specs than 1252 and 21 point convergence. It's about half as noisy as a 1252/72.

Ultimately there is very little real life difference between 12xx series PJs, better just finding the one with the best tubes for the price, regardless of model. Good Luck.

As Simon pointed out, ProjectorSpecs is a great site for Sony CRT info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all. I reviewed the specs at the site that Simon recommended and this was helpful. I was able to grab a unit on ebay, a 1252, for under a grand. It will arrive next week and I will continue the process - again thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.