AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a deal on a 1252 with only about 350 hrs on the CRTs and tried it out, and it looked fine, so I agreed to buy it. Now I don't have it yet, but I'd like to connect it to my HTPC with a Radeon VE running Cineplayer 4.0 as the DVD player, and I was wondering what users of a setup similar to what mine will be like are running for screen resolutions. I plan on watching mostly 16x9 discs, but occasionally some 4x3 will be thrown in there as well.

Second part to this would be if there's any way to show a non-16x9 DVD that's letterboxed as just the image portion, without projecting the black bars on top. In other words 1:85 LB movies that are 16x9 encoded have the slight black bars at the top and bottom, but 1:85 that's not 16x9 encodes the bars into the picture. I'd rather not "project" the black, if at all possible. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
If you intend to run a 16 x 9 screen, most will agree that the sweat spot for the Sony 12xx series is 1066 x 600, 72 refresh rate. Others do take their to 720p but it sometimes shows a softness in the picture as the scan lines start to overlap.

It all depend on how well you have your 1252 focused and how round and symetrical the "dots" are. Do some reading on the astig adjustment, anso check out cleaning your lens's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.