AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good 1270 and a 1272 that is complete but non-working. I think the power supply is bad and the large circuit board on the right side of hinged "flip-up" panel has a loose circuit. I would like to use that 21 point convergeance that the 1272 has. Can I use the 1270 PS in the1272 along with the aforementioned board? Is there a board or two from the 1272 that I can put in the 1270 that will give it some of the 1272 capabilities?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The power supplies are not interchangeable. The "Y" board has the 21 point convergence on it and is interchangeable. I am not sure if the main mother board will exchange. I do not think it will.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx

I put the 1272's "Y" board in the 1270 and I now have the 21 Pt converge and other things like reference nimbers that show position as things change. Only problem is the projector will only converge about the first half of the points(enough to do tight converge) but it does not seem to move the grid line anymore after that..the numbers change and it does respond, though. I wonder if another board or 2 needs to be changed out along with the "Y" board. I did not count but it may only be accepting the first 9 convergeance points...and that is it's original spec. Anyone have more knowlege on this?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I would have to go back and look at my notes when I did this and it did work. You may have to take the small dummy board out of the 1270 and put the corresponding board from the 72 in. There are three boards in a row. The "Y" board is one of them. Try all three.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx Matrix, Tim,

Yea, Matrix, check your notes on that if you would. Heck I have the whole 1272 sitting here...I may as well try it.

I have even thought of trying to get the 1272 to work, but I think it needs a power supply and maybe one of the top boards. This is the reason I hang around local auctions and fleamarkets...never know when you will find an old PJ that completes a project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.