AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(3rd time trying to submit this one with a darn picture!
)

I am trying to check out this unit to give to a friend. I took on the lenses and cleaned them up and found the attached.

1. I know the blue is burnt pretty bad. How bad does this look to the experts on the 1-10 scale? How do i check out the red and green tubes behind those color filters? they seem to focus much better than the blue, so they may be ok.

2. I assume by looking at the S M L on the top of the tubes that this set is setup for medium mount location. Is that correct? Also, I assume in order to set to small i am going to have to buy new spacers?

3. How the H E double toothpicks do i set this machine up for floor vs. ceiling and front vs. rear projection? I am sick of reading everything backwards!

4. the little board on the back for the ir sensor is broken in half. is this something i would order from a Curt or from sony?

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
1. That blue is toast. It has been setup WAY TOO FAR from the screen. That is abuse, it is criminal. It needs a new blue.

If it had been setup correctly it would probably be fine.

You could try and even out the wear, but it's pretty far gone....

2. Should be fine. How big is the screen?

3. Do you mean HELL? HELL HELL HELL...LOL. Swap the plugs on the E and deflection boards - try here http://www.biggerhammer.net/mediaroom/

4. Curt - or maybe just disconnect it completely - there is still one at the front.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I meant HELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

I know about the tube, makes me sick, they freakin thrashed it. Any idea how to tell if the others are trash?

Well, he was shooting for an 84" wide screen so I am not sure yet what distance he will have to mount in order to get that with this spacers and if his room has enough length for it.

thanks for the link, that should be helpful.

thanks! didnt know there was another ir sensor in front. are the green and red lights just status lights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.